Thursday, September 16, 2010

Disco Ball

I coughed as if it's the last of my coughs


Policed,calculated, blunt

Shameless and free.



I sneezed as if I've never done so before

Repetitive, unthinking, hurtful

Uncontrollable like laughter.



I talked in the most guttural voice I could muster

Superlative, mechanic, superfluous

As if fresh out of sleep. Or tears.



And when I did, I've done some more.

It was a 2-minute film rolling and rolling.

Blinding and haunting and dreamy in a way.



And you woke up as if it was never your reality.

And you laughed and talked and made face like

It was beyond your eventual disbelief.



Or faith--or lack thereof.

So when you bawl, or stumble or see flashing

Lights from your own disco ball--



It was mine as it was yours.

But we don't know it as it is

We only do as how we wish.



(photo credits to Google.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment